It’s an ugly word, also known as the mummy tummy, muffin top or Mom Apron. After pregnancy you are left with loose muscles. In addition to loose muscles you have additional fat right around and below the belly button area, which is where the ugly word “fupa” an acronym comes from. There is only one way to get rid of the muffin top after pregnancy! And it starts with an E!
- Do a variety of exercises. There is no such thing as spot reduction.
- Bump up your cardio. These are exercises that make you huff n’ puff! All moms have fat overlying the muscles. The ONLY way to get rid of this fat and see the muscles (especially the 6-pack!) is through exercise and caloric reduction.
- You must watch your nutrition, it’s half the battle. Get a free Meal Plan & Calculate your Metabolism to see how many calories you should consume to lose weight, you can find this calculation in our Weight Loss Calculator.
- Give it time! It took time to put the weight on, it will take time to get it off.
- Most importantly, train your Inner Core! Toning the abdominal muscles from the inside-out helps pull the waistline in like a corset. You can find these exercises in the CFS Method, Boot Camp 2, Pretty Fierce and Shed 5 Fast DVDs.